KDF Water Filters Remove Many Contaminants
KDF water filters are the only water filter that is effective to protect you and your family from chemicals, minerals and other water contaminants including lead, mercury, nickel, chlorine and iron.
The Role of the Shower Filter Designer and KDF!
Most of today's shower filter manufacturers use KDF, what's the difference from one filter to the next? The design and manufacture. There are several considerations when using KDF that need to be factored into the final shower filter design. One of the primary issues is contact time-the amount of time the media is in contact with the water before it exits the showerhead. This determines the amount of media required and the most efficient housing size.
The filter designer also should know how to manage the flow rate within the housing and through the showerhead so the media has sufficient contact time to treat the water. The longer the water is in the presence of the media, the better the media performs. For optimum results, the flow rate should be no more than two gallons per minute (gpm). The type of showerhead sold with the filter is also an important factor. The showerhead should provide the desired amount of water reduction, while giving the user an acceptable shower delivery. Inexpensive showerheads are often "water guzzlers" and may deliver water in excess of 2.25 gpm, exceeding federal regulations. To bring these heads into compliance, some manufacturers restrict the flow (much in the way you restrict flow in a garden hose by crimping the hose) to achieve a lower flow rate. This should not be an acceptable alternative to good design. Restricting flow in this manner can significantly compromise media contact time and, more importantly, shower delivery. The best flow results are achieved with high quality showerheads. Because shower delivery plays such an important-but often overlooked-role in the filtration process as well as the user's enjoyment of the shower, look for manufacturers who use shower heads with guaranteed specifications. You also should expect your manufacturer to offer a comprehensive line of shower filters to suit a range of needs.
Sante for Health’s, best-selling KDF water filters are made up of proprietary KDF media to protect your family with chemical-free water for bathing, cooking and drinking.
For example, KDF media is available in granular, filament or "fines" form. Your manufacturer should be able to guide you toward which type is best for a variety of low, medium and high pressure applications, and for domestic and international markets.
Sante for Health makes the ONLY dual chamber ULTIMATE KDF shower filter on the market. This means that the water is going through twice the media to remove all contaminants. The more time the water spends in the KDF the cleaner your water will be.
Our top-selling KDF water filters can protect your family from chemicals unique to your water. If you know your well or city’s water composition we can provide just the right KDF filter for you.
All of our water filters are made to filter shower water and whole house water in well water, city water, chloramine contaminated water, chlorine water, iron water and lead water. All of our KDF shower water filters including chloramine water filters and chlorine shower filters reduce volatile chemicals.
KDF 55 and KDF 85 Process Media can remove up to 99% of water-soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals. All KDF Process Media forms are effective in controlling the buildup of bacteria, algae, fungi and scale, and KDF media is the only thing that removes chlorine.
Our KDF water filters use more KDF Media than any other KDF filters on the market. KDF55 Media is the only thing that will remove Chlorine and works in both city water and well water filters. KDF 55 and KDF 85 Process Media can remove up to 99% of water-soluble lead, mercury, nickel, chromium, and other dissolved metals.
- We recommend using a system for drinking water that uses a KDF filter. We offer one, two and three filter systems in 10 inch and 20 inch size.
- KDF® process media are high-purity copper-zinc formulations used in pretreatment, primary treatment, and wastewater applications.
- KDF media supplement or replace existing technologies to dramatically extend system life, reduce heavy metals, microorganisms, scale, lower total cost, and decrease maintenance.
- KDF 55 Medium was designed specifically for removing or reducing chlorine and water-soluble heavy metals. It controls scale, bacteria and algae, even in hot water.
- KDF 85 Medium removes or reduces iron and hydrogen sulfide from municipal or other water supplies. Also controls scale, bacteria and algae.
- Patented KDF process media are 100 percent recyclable and contain no chemical additives.
- Hospitals, restaurants, municipal water treatment facilities, and homes rely on KDF process media to safely reduce or remove chlorine, iron, hydrogen sulfide, heavy metals, and bacteria from their water.
All Sante for health shower filters contain high quantities of KDF Media to make your drinking and bath water the cleanest, purist it can be!
All of our KDF replacement cartridges are:
Filter Cartridge Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 and NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for material requirement(s) only.
Filter Cartridge Certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 372 for low lead compliance.
What does KDF Media do?
KDF 55 and KDF 85 Process Media can remove many things.
- Up to 99% of water-soluble lead,
- hydrogen sulfide
- calcium carbonate
- magnesium and other dissolved metals.
How do KDF Process Media work?
KDF media exchange electrons with contaminants, changing them into harmless components.
Whether you’re filtering water for drinking and cooking, showering and bathing, or other use. Rest assured KDF filters are working to protect you and your family from chemicals, minerals and other contaminants.
Benefits of KDF Process Media:
- Effective removal of wide range of contaminants
- Cost effective
- Extend life and efficiency of carbon (GAC) filters
- Remains effective at higher water temperature